Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Perfect Vignette Part 1

Hey there, is anyone still out there? It has been forever since i've blogged anything, but I am really going to try and do so more consistently. Lately, i've really been trying to up the ante with my vignette designI have to strike a balance because my lovely, can't live without her ever, wife hates clutter, and I tend to lean towards kitschy tchotchke's. Sometimes I will sneak a new little piece in and place it somewhere and she usually loves it; however, I do need her to tell me when enough is enough...because let's face it - sometimes it is just too much. She strives for practical and functional, while I strive for, well, neither. I am really pleased with what's going on with our random room hutch and our dresser (pictures to come), but not so much with our coffee table. The problem is we have a massive golden retriever with an even more massive tail so anything we put on the coffee table has the potential to get knocked over...I know...happy problems, but still. Will trolling the internet, I found some inspiration that I wanted to share.
Source

Source
Source
I think what i've realized through this post, is that less is definitely more. Currently, my coffee table looks most like picture 2, which I think may be my favorite. I think what I need to do is switch the home decorating magazines that are housed under the vase for decorating books to add a more polished look. I also realized I could improve the appeal by maybe adding a wood polish to the chest. Stay tuned for a photo update this evening.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment