Monday, February 25, 2013

Nice to meet you :)

Nice to meet all of you! I have wanted to start a blog for a while, but could not figure out how I was going to make my blog stand out from all of the amazing blogs out there. I obsessively read dozens of blogs on different topics, my favorite being decorating, fashion, travel, education, cooking and DIY projects. So since I have many favorite topics, I thought to my myself, "why shouldn't I just start a blog on all of these topics and see what happens?" So there you have it! This blog will be a hodge-podge of all the aforementioned topics, an ode to all things that make me, me. So now, you're probably asking yourself..."Okay then missy, well who the hell are you?"

Well, hi! My name is Whitney. I'm a 27 year-old special education teacher living in San Francisco. I am newly engaged to a wonderful woman named Brooke (I will share the engagement story in a later post) who is not a huge fan of blogs, but who sweetly sat with me last night and brainstormed blog names with me for hours...thank you! I have a 5-year old cat named Lily who spends her days terrorizing my 75 pound 2-year old Golden Retriever, Bailey. I love my pets as if they were my children (yes...I am one of THOSE people). Roll your eyes if you must. I have a very small close-knit family and a very large but still close-knit soon to be other family. I hail from the east coast originally, but after finishing undergrad I drove cross country to pursue a medical degree and quickly fell madly in love with San Francisco, but out of love with medicine...it just wasn't for me. So now I spend my days working on finishing my masters in Special Education with an autism emphasis, teaching my wonderful students, romping around the beach with my lovely puppy, going on adventures with my fiancee, and well..now...blogging!

Thank you for reading! I look forward to sharing all of my adventures with you!

Brooke and I right after we got engaged :)

Bailey and Lily sleeping on the couch

Bailey as a puppy!

Bailey's favorite place to sit...

...which also happens to be Lily's favorite lounge chair....

xx,

W

1 comments: